Pork Lover's Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 8-10 slices pre-,
- 8 pork sausage patties (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 1 ham steak (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 2 cups grating cheese (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 2 teaspoons Spike Seasoning ( ,
- freshly ground black pepper (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 1/2 cup green onions (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 12 eggs (well beaten so the whites and eggs are completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray. (I used an oval dish that was 13″ long and 10″ wide at the widest part, so any casserole dish that’s about 9″ x 13″ would be perfect.) Dice the ham steak into small cubes about 1/2 inch square and chop the pre-cooked bacon (or raw bacon) and pork sausage patties into small pieces. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the bacon just until it’s crisp; then put the bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish. If you started with raw bacon, drain any extra fat in the pan, then add the chopped pork sausage and cook until it’s starting to brown. Put the sausage in the casserole dish. Add the cubes of diced ham to the casserole dish over the bacon and sausage. Layer the grated cheese over the meat (reserving a few tablespoons of cheese for the tip if desired). Season with Spike Seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning) and fresh ground black pepper. Then add the thinly sliced green onions. Beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-combined, then pour over the meat-cheese mixture. (I like to take a fork and gently stir, then sprinkle a couple tablespoons more cheese over the top.) Bake at 375F/190C until the casserole is firm and starting to slightly brown on top. Serve hot. This can be kept in fridge for about a week and can be reheated in the microwave or in a pan on the stove
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:33.