Pork Lover's Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 8-10 slices pre-
- 8 pork sausage patties (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 1 ham steak (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 2 cups grating cheese (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 2 teaspoons Spike Seasoning (
- freshly ground black pepper (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 1/2 cup green onions (10 oz. total cut into pieces and browned in a frying pan.)
- 12 eggs (well beaten so the whites and eggs are completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- (I used an oval dish that was 13″ long and 10″ wide at the widest part, so any casserole dish that’s about 9″ x 13″ would be perfect.) Dice the ham steak into small cubes about 1/2 inch square and chop the pre-cooked bacon (or raw bacon) and pork sausage patties into small pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the bacon just until it’s crisp; then put the bacon in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- If you started with raw bacon, drain any extra fat in the pan, then add the chopped pork sausage and cook until it’s starting to brown.
- Put the sausage in the casserole dish.
- Add the cubes of diced ham to the casserole dish over the bacon and sausage.
- Layer the grated cheese over the meat (reserving a few tablespoons of cheese for the tip if desired).
- Season with Spike Seasoning (or another all-purpose seasoning) and fresh ground black pepper.
- Then add the thinly sliced green onions.
- Beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-combined, then pour over the meat-cheese mixture.
- (I like to take a fork and gently stir, then sprinkle a couple tablespoons more cheese over the top.) Bake at 375F/190C until the casserole is firm and starting to slightly brown on top.
- Serve hot.
- This can be kept in fridge for about a week and can be reheated in the microwave or in a pan on the stove
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:33.