Pillowy Soft Gluten Free, Paleo & Keto Pumpkin Waffles
- 100 grams almond flour
- 42 grams coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (or Pyure *)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or Pyure *)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 27 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams grass-fed butter (or Pyure *)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (or Pyure *)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 140 grams pumpkin purée
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 batch buttercream frosting (or Pyure *)
- Mix thoroughly together in a bowl the almond flour, coconut flour, Pyure (or sweetener of choice), pumpkin pie spice mix, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Set Aside.
- Add eggs, cream cheese, melted butter, orange zest (optional), vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, pumpkin puree and water to a blender and process until smooth.
- Add in flour mixture and process until thoroughly combined.
- The batter will be thick, rather than runny.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Grease waffle iron and spoon in the batter.
- Close and cook on high for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Note that the waffles are very tender to touch when just cooked, so you may need to tip the waffle iron to get these guys out.
- (Optional) Make cream cheese buttercream frosting while waffles are cooking.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:38.