No Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 13 1/2 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 150 grams Swerve Sweetener (or xylitol
- 75 grams cocoa powder (or xylitol, to taste**)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 480 grams heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vodka (or xylitol, to taste**)
- Add coconut milk, sweetener, cocoa and salt to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix using an immersion blender or whisk until all the solids from the coconut milk have the dissolved and the mixture is fully blended.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum little by little and blend until fully combined.
- You will likely have some air bubbles, but be sure to check there are no lumps.
- Any lumps will be resolved by mixing with an immersion blender (or in an actual blender).
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add heavy whipping cream to a large chilled bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Blend in vanilla extract and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- (Optional): add in more cocoa, to taste, for a dark chocolate version.
- (Optional): add in your booze of choice.
- The mixture should be thick but still pourable.
- And, if for any reason your mixture is too thick (whipped cream too much, used a lot of cocoa...): thin it out little by little with more coconut milk.
- See recipe video for texture reference.
- Transfer ice cream to a sealable container and place in the freezer until frozen (4-6 hours to overnight).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:59.