No Churn Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 13 1/2 ounces full fat coconut milk ,
- 150 grams Swerve Sweetener (or xylitol,
- 75 grams cocoa powder (or xylitol, to taste**)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt ,
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum ,
- 480 grams heavy whipping cream ,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ,
- 2 tablespoons vodka (or xylitol, to taste**)
- Add coconut milk, sweetener, cocoa and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix using an immersion blender or whisk until all the solids from the coconut milk have the dissolved and the mixture is fully blended. Sprinkle xanthan gum little by little and blend until fully combined. You will likely have some air bubbles, but be sure to check there are no lumps. Any lumps will be resolved by mixing with an immersion blender (or in an actual blender). Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely. Add heavy whipping cream to a large chilled bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Blend in vanilla extract and the cooled chocolate mixture. (Optional): add in more cocoa, to taste, for a dark chocolate version. (Optional): add in your booze of choice. The mixture should be thick but still pourable. And, if for any reason your mixture is too thick (whipped cream too much, used a lot of cocoa...): thin it out little by little with more coconut milk. See recipe video for texture reference. Transfer ice cream to a sealable container and place in the freezer until frozen (4-6 hours to overnight). If freezing overnight: take out your ice cream 10-20 minutes prior to serving (depending on your room temp!) and scoop away.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:59.