Low Carb Turkey Pot Pie
- 12 ounces turkey (precooked, chopped)
- 1/2 onions (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (precooked, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (precooked, chopped)
- 1/3 cup bone broth (precooked, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup butter (precooked, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the turkey in a 9 X 6-inch casserole dish.Combine onions, celery, and garlic in a nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until onions brown.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish.Add bone broth to the skillet and bring heat over medium.
- Slowly add in xantham gum while quickly whisking.
- Remove from heat once the xantham gum has fully dissolved and the mixture has the consistency of gravy.
- Pour the mixture over the ingredients in the casserole dish and mix to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then smooth mixture out evenly.For the topping, use a hand mixer to combine almond flour and butter.
- Mix in baking powder and salt.
- Finally, mix in the egg until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Transfer the batter to the turkey mixture and evenly spread the batter over the top.Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting in to serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:51.