Low-Carb Rainbow Chard & Sausage Hash
- 200 grams swiss chard
- 1 leaf kale
- 2 cups rice (cauli-, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 150 grams gluten (cauli-, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 3 tablespoons ghee (cauli-, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (cauli-, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 4 eggs (poached
- Start by preparing the vegetables.
- You can find details on how to "rice" the cauliflower here.
- When done, set aside.
- Then cut the stalks of the chard off and chop into small pieces.
- Place the sausage meat in a large pan greased with a tablespoon of the ghee and cook until browned from all sides.
- When cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pan.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and place into the pan.
- Cook for just about a minute or until fragrant.
- Then, add the cauli-rice and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir to prevent burning.
- Then add the chard stalks, Dijon mustard, ...
- lemon juice, and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the chard leaves and add to the pan.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- When done, add the cooked sausage, mix and take off the heat.
- Top with poached or fried eggs.
- *How to poach eggs? There are several ways you can do that and here is a simple one: Fill a medium sauce pan with water and a dash of vinegar and bring to a boil over a high heat.
- Crack each egg individually into a ramekin or a cup.
- Using a spoon, create a gentle whirlpool in the water to help the egg white wrap around the egg yolk.
- Slowly lower the egg into the water in the centre of the whirlpool and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then, use a slotted spoon to remove from the water and place on a plate.
- Repeat for all the remaining eggs.* Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:35.