Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ,
- 2 teaspoons paprika ,
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ,
- salt ,
- pepper ,
- 2 tablespoons butter ,
- 1 cup onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper ,
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 12 slices provolone cheese ,
- 6 whole green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut flank steak against the grain into thin slices. Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat, Add the steak, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix and cook meat until no longer pink through, about three minutes. Once cooked, transfer meat to a bowl and set aside. Add butter to the pan and saute minced garlic, onion, and red bell pepper until tender and translucent. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the meat back into the skillet with veggies and mix. Cut the tops off of the 6 bell peppers, remove insides, and place in a 9x13 casserole dish. Fill each green pepper halfway with the cooked meat and veggie mixture. Place a slice of cheese inside each pepper. Fill the other half of each pepper with remaining meat mixture, and top each with a second slice of cheese. Place stuffed peppers in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the skin of peppers looks shriveled and cooked through. Tip: If your cheese starts getting too brown, cover pan with non-stick foil.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:34.