Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 6 whole green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut flank steak against the grain into thin slices.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat, Add the steak, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix and cook meat until no longer pink through, about three minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer meat to a bowl and set aside.
- Add butter to the pan and saute minced garlic, onion, and red bell pepper until tender and translucent.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meat back into the skillet with veggies and mix.
- Cut the tops off of the 6 bell peppers, remove insides, and place in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Fill each green pepper halfway with the cooked meat and veggie mixture.
- Place a slice of cheese inside each pepper.
- Fill the other half of each pepper with remaining meat mixture, and top each with a second slice of cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the skin of peppers looks shriveled and cooked through.
- Tip: If your cheese starts getting too brown, cover pan with non-stick foil.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:34.