Low Carb Keto Bread
- 150 grams almond flour
- 6 eggs (Separated into yolks and whites)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 175C (350 F).
- In a clean bowl, begin whipping the egg whites.
- Add the lemon juice when the whites become frothy.
- Whisk the egg white on medium speed to stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolk until pale yellow.
- Add the salt, baking power and butter to the egg yolks and whisk till it doubles in volume.
- Fold the almond flour into the egg yolks in three additions.
- Once the almond flour is completely incorporated into the egg yolk mixture, fold in the egg whites.
- First add a third of the whites in, folding gently to lighten the mix.
- Then fold in the remaining egg white in two batches.
- Grease your loaf tin and pour in your batter.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool, then slice and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:51.