Low Carb Cauliflower Veggie Nuggets (Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup riced cauliflower (pre-riced, or using a food processor)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs (see notes for AIP gelatin egg)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper that’s very lightly greased with coconut oil Using a cheese cloth or paper towels, squeeze the excess water from the cauliflower rice Pour the cauliflower rice in a bowl along with the coconut flour, baking soda, seasonings, and coconut oil.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in the eggs (see below for gelatin egg instructions) and mix well Immediately begin forming the mixture into lightly flattened nuggets (you’ll have 7-8 nuggets) and place them on the baking sheet Bake the nuggets for 15 minutes, and very carefully flip them.
- After flipped, bake for another 5-8 minutes or until golden brown (AIP version may need more time) Remove from the oven and allow to cool Serve with guacamole, cilantro avocado lime sauce , or another dip NOTES *For AIP, sub the 2 eggs for 2 gelatin eggs.
- Here are the instructions – FIRST, Add 1/2 cup of water to a small sauce pot and slowly pour over 2 tbsp gelatin.
- You don’t want any clumps, so lightly mix if needed.
- Allow the mixture to rest and bloom over 2-3 minutes.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn in on low heat.
- Slowly melt the the gelatin (this will take just a few minutes) and remove from heat.
- NEXT, Once removed from the stove, vigorously whisk the gelatin egg until it becomes frothy.
- If it’s too watery, the nuggets will not work.
- Add the gelatin egg to the mixture immediately and mix to combine
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:57.