Low carb and Keto Chocolate Candy Kisses (Baci)
- 2 ounces cocoa butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces roasted hazelnuts (+ 12 whole hazelnuts)
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (powdered in the grinder)
- 1 1/2 ounces cocoa butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener (powdered in the grinder)
- Melt the cocoa butter for the filling in a double boiler sauce-pan.
- (I just placed it in a larger pan, filled with water and set on a medium flame)Add the cacao .powder and the powdered Swerve to the cocoa butterMix well until all ingredients are blended.Coarsely grind hazelnuts in the coffee grinder.Add to melted mixture.Stir in well.Place the saucepan into a bath of water and ice to speed up cooling down.
- Make sure no water gets into the chocolate mix.Stir continuously until mix starts getting harder and crumbly, but still workable.Now make 12 balls out of the chocolate mixture using a spoon and your hands.Push a whole hazelnut on the top of the balls and shape in so it still slightly stick out.Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.While chocolates cool, melt the covering's ingredients in a small saucepan, with the same system as before.Just melt until liquid and well blended then set aside.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, until starting to thicken.Now remove chocolate balls from the freezer.Stick individual balls onto a bamboo skewer of toothpick.Now dip individual balls into the liquid coating and roll around well to coat evenly.Set in a glass or jar to cool until coating is hard and yo can remove them from the bamboo skewers.If you desire a thicker chocolate coating, double coating ingredients and repeat this process once more.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:56.