Keto Zuppa Toscana
- 150 grams minced beef
- 2 back bacon rashers (fatty bacon, finely diced)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup kale (fatty bacon, finely diced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onions (medium
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 dried basil (fatty bacon, finely diced)
- 1/2 dried thyme (fatty bacon, finely diced)
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (fatty bacon, finely diced)
- salt (to taste)
- In a pot or large pan with a lid, at medium heat add onions and fry them until they are golden brown, then add bacon and cook for about 2 minutes until it’s cooked, then add the mince.
- Fry the mince until it looses its raw color and is starting to brown, then add the garlic.
- Cook for about 2 minutes turning the mince from time to time.
- Add the basil, thyme, salt and turmeric and cook for a further minute, then take the mince off the pan and set it aside leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan, adding more cooking oil if needed and saute until it starts to loose rawness, for about a minute.
- Add the kale and cook until it starts to wilt.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the mince back in and add the coconut milk in as well.
- Taste and season with more salt and herbs if needed.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:28.