Keto Smoked Salmon Canapes With Lemon-Dill Aioli
- 1 E nglish cucumber (organic)
- 4 ounces red sockeye (organic)
- 1 avocado (small organic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (organic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil (organic)
- 1 teaspoon dill (organic)
- 1 lemon (small organic
- sea salt flakes (organic)
- Before slicing the cucumber, cut off both ends and, using the scoring part of a zesting kitchen tool, run it lengthwise down the cucumber removing a strip of peel.
- Do this in several places around the cucumber to add a decorative edge that will show once it’s sliced into rounds.
- Skip this step if you don’t care about the decorative part.
- Slice the cucumber into 1/4-inch thick rounds and set aside.
- Depending on the size of the cucumber, you should end up with 24 slices.
- Open smoked salmon and carefully separate the thin slices.
- Cut into 24 small pieces, one for each cucumber slice.
- Drape one piece of smoked salmon over each cucumber slice.
- In a small bowl, toss the diced avocado with all but 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice.
- Then top each canape with a small chunk of the lemon juice-covered avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, Brain Octane Oil, fresh dill, and remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice until creamy.
- This is your easy lemon dill “aioli”.
- Place a dollop on top of each canape.
- Garnish each with a sprig of fresh dill and a light sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Serves: 24
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:53.