Keto Shepherd’s Pie
- 5 sweet potatoes (Medium, diced and steamed)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 white onion (Medium, diced and steamed)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (Medium, diced and steamed)
- 1/2 carrots (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (Medium, diced and steamed)
- 1/4 cup fat (Medium, diced and steamed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rosemary (Medium, diced and steamed)
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice sweet potatoes into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Steam with butter until soft enough to puree in a food processor.
- Once your sweet potatoes are soft enough add them to your food processor along with the coconut milk and puree them to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- In a large pan add 2 Tbsp of olive oil, onions, soy sauce, rosemary & garlic seasoning, and thyme.
- You can also add salt and pepper if you would like.
- Cook on low until onions caramelize.
- I was in a hurry and didn’t wait, I don’t recommend this because caramelized onions are the BEST! Remove and place in a bowl to the side.
- Using the same pan saute carrots and broccoli adding the remaining Tbsp of olive oil.
- After cooking remove from pan and set aside.
- When it’s time to brown the beef you can brown it as usual or cook it with your onion mixture.
- I like to brown my beef with the onions and spices to really cook that flavor in.
- Once your beef has been browned you can drain it and mix all of your veggies and beef together in a bowl along with your tomato paste.
- Now it’s time to layer your pie! Grab a 9×13 pan and spread your beef mixture over the bottom evenly.
- Then top with your mashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve hot!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:23:20.