Keto Pumpkin Chia Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon spice mix (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 6 large eggs (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup butter (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 30 drops stevia extract (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Place all the dry ingredients - apart from the pumpkin seeds - into a bowl and combine well.
- I make my own chia seed meal by blending it in a food processor for just a few seconds until powdered.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Using a hand beater or electric mixer (I'm using a Kenwood mixer), whip up the egg whites until they create soft peaks.
- In another bowl, place the egg yolks, melted butter, pumpkin purée and stevia.
- The butter should be melted and cooled (don't use hot).
- The pumpkin purée and egg yolks should be at room temperature.
- If you use them straight from the fridge, the butter will clump up.
- Process until well combined and start adding the dry mixture - a tablespoon or two at a time while mixing.
- Add about a quarter of the whipped egg whites and mix gently.
- Add the remaining egg whites and fold in the batter using slow setting on your mixer or using a spatula.
- Be careful not to deflate the egg whites and keep the batter as fluffy as you can.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 medium muffin paper cups..
- Grease each cup with a small amount of coconut oil or ghee.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups and transfer into the oven.
- Alternatively, you can use a silicon muffin tray or silicon muffin cups.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- When done, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature for 4-5 days.
- Place the remaining muffins in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:07:02.