Keto Mug Muffin with Bacon, Cheese & Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup almond flour (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large eggs (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 tablespoons cream (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch salt (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 4 bacon (small or 2 regular slices crisped up
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1 tablespoon basil (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- In a pan, fry the bacon slices.
- Once crisped up, place on a plate, let them cool down and then crumble into small pieces.
- Pour the bacon grease - apart from 1 tablespoon - in a jar and reserve for cooking, or discard.
- Slice the mushrooms, add to the pan and roast them over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg, cream, water and mix well using a fork.
- Add the crumbled bacon and roasted mushrooms and combine well.
- Divide the dough between 2 mugs or ramekins and add diced cheddar and chopped basil.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
- When done, let it sit for 5 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:55.