Keto King Ranch Chicken
- 3 cups chicken (or turkey, cut up in bite sized pieces*)
- 1 cup turkey broth (or turkey, cut up in bite sized pieces*)
- 2 tablespoons butter oil
- 1/2 onions (small
- 1 red bell pepper (or turkey, cut up in bite sized pieces*)
- 1 tablespoon red chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 ounces green chile (or turkey, cut up in bite sized pieces*)
- 6 ounces salsa
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup yogurt (or turkey, cut up in bite sized pieces*)
- 16 ounces grating cheese (or turkey, cut up in bite sized pieces*)
- 7 tortillas (homemade
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces if using raw.
- Dice onion and bell pepper.
- If you are using raw chicken, melt 1 Tbs of the butter or coconut oil in a pan and cook the chicken until done.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt additional 1 Tbs of butter or coconut oil and cook bell pepper and onion on medium low until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices to pan.
- Mix them well with onions and peppers and cook for approximately 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cup of broth and stir it until you've loosened up all the pieces of spice on the bottom of the pan.
- Add cream, chile, and salsa, mixing well.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At the end of 15 minutes, very carefully remove 1 1/2 cups of the hot mixture and put into an emulsion beaker or blender.
- (PLEASE use caution here!) Blend mixture until thickened.
- If using stick blender, keep blender in the bottom of the beaker to avoid being burned.
- Carefully pour blended mixture back into pan.
- Stir well and then add yogurt.
- After its all combined, add meat.
- Mix meat into sauce and gather sauce, tortillas, and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, begin by layering sauce/meat mixture.
- Just put enough to wet the bottom of the pan.
- Place whole tortillas in bottom (do not overlap), then tear another tortilla and fit it in around the empty spots.
- Ladle half the sauce/meat mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Evenly spread 1/2 of the cheese over the sauce/meat mixture.
- Repeat for second layer, layering tortillas, then sauce, and ending with remaining cheese mixture.
- It's ready for the oven! Bake at 350o for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! May be topped with additional sour cream.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:59:49.