Keto Flaxseed Chips
- 1 cup flax seed meal (Golden or Brown)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (Golden or Brown)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a bowl, mix ground flax meal and seasonings well.
- Add water and mix till combined with a spatula.
- Cover and set the dough aside for 10 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 200°c (400°F).
- Once dough is ready, roll it out between 2 parchment papers as thin as you like.
- (cooking times will vary according to thickness) Gently pull apart parchment paper from each side of the rolled dough onto the other (this is to make sure it does not stick to the paper while baking) Place the rolled dough with parchment paper onto a baking sheet and use a pizza cutter to cut into cracker sized pieces.
- Bake chips for 10-15 minutes (longer if thicker).
- Once chips are baked, turn off the oven, remove and break the crackers.
- Spread the crackers on the baking tray and return to the oven for another 10 minutes with the oven door slightly opened.
- (this is to dry it out so it gets crispy) Allow crackers to cool completely before storing.
- Conversion Chart You can adjust seasoning according to what you like.
- I like mine a little spicy so I add a chili powder mix of cayenne, chili, cumin, and paprika.
- These chips are perfect as a dip or a high fiber snack.
- If you are using MyFitnessPal app to count calories, first copy the recipe URL then go to MyFitnessPal app to Recipes, select Create a New Recipe, then Add from the Web.
- Paste the URL, match ingredients and that’s it! Always match ingredients to the ones you use.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:27.