Keto fish casserole with mushrooms and French mustard
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 3 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds whitefish (to taste)
- 3 2/3 pounds broccoli (to taste)
- 3 ounces butter oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Cut the mushrooms into wedges.
- Fry in butter until the mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Pour in the heavy cream and mustard and lower the heat.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese on and pour the creamed mushrooms on top.
- Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes if the fish is frozen, or slightly less if it’s fresh.
- Probe with a sharp knife after 20 minutes; the fish is done if it flakes easily with a fork.
- And remember that the fish will continue to cook even after you have taken it out of the oven. Meanwhile, make the side dish.
- Cut the broccoli or cauliflower into florets.
- Boil in lightly salted water for a few minutes.
- Strain off the water and add olive oil or butter. Mash coarsely with a wooden spoon or fork. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the fish.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:22:04.