Keto Egg Fried Rice
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked shrimp
- 3 cups white mushrooms
- 2 pieces spring onions
- 1 tablespoon ginger root
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 piece lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (Clarified Butter)
- Prepare the Cauli-rice by grating the cauliflower.
- Don't cook it.
- Grate the ginger and finely chop the chili peppers.
- Place on a large heavy-based pan greased with ghee, butter or coconut oil.
- Cook briefly for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes (white mushrooms contain less carbs than brown).
- Add the cauli-rice and mix in well.
- Season with salt to taste and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Finely chop the spring onion and add it to the pan together with the peeled, cooked prawns.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs and pour in the pan while stirring.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut aminos and fish sauce.
- Add freshly chopped herbs, lime juice and cook for a minute.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- Add toasted flaked almonds.
- To toast the almonds, simply place them on a pan and roast over medium-high heat.
- Do not grease the pan and roast for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently to prevent the almonds from burning.
- Done - enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:44.