- 1 inch zucchini (medium, 7-8 long)
- 8 eggs ,
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (medium, 7-8 long)
- 1/2 cup black olives (medium, 7-8 long)
- 1/3 leeks ,
- 1 cup feta cheese (medium, 7-8 long)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ,
- 1 clove garlic ,
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning (medium, 7-8 long)
- sea salt ,
- freshly ground black pepper ,
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (medium, 7-8 long)
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes (medium, 7-8 long)
- Prepare your oven grill and set it to medium.Cut the white portion of the leek and chop it into small, slim pieces. Thinly slice the washed zucchini lengthwise and chop the olives and cherry tomatoes into two. Smash the garlic and peel off the skin. In a cast iron frying pan, pour some olive oil and leave to heat. Fry the zucchini and leek. Once they turn golden around the edges, toss in the Mediterranean spice mix, smashed garlic cloves, and olives. Cook for another minute.Use a bowl to beat the eggs in. Spice it up with salt and pepper. Add in the crumbled feta and whisk. Plop the halved cherry tomatoes into the frying pan together with the egg-feta mixture. Top the frittata with the small bunch of cherry tomatoes you prepared. Leave for 5-7 minutes over low heat.Take the pan to the oven and let it bake till the top turns golden brown and is set. Take out from the oven and let it cool for 5-6 minutes. Slice with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into triangles. Add the minced basil leaves on top and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:22.