Keto Double Chocolate Macaroons
- 1/2 cup almond flour (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 large egg whites ,
- 50 grams dark chocolate (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 20 drops stevia extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: almond flour, shredded coconut, cacao powder, powdered Erythritol, ... ... cinnamon, vanilla, cayenne pepper and salt. You can use vanilla powder, unsweetened vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean. Add melted coconut oil, egg whites and optionally stevia. Mix until well combined. Use a measuring tablespoon or a small ice-cream scoop to create the macaroons. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, turn off the heat. Set aside to cool down but do not let it solidify. When the macaroons are baked, remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before dipping in the chocolate topping. Take one macaroon at a time and dip the top in melted chocolate. Optionally, sprinkle with more cinnamon and place on a tray to solidify. Store at a room temperature and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:01.