Keto Double Chocolate Macaroons
- 1/2 cup almond flour (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded dried coconut (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 large egg whites
- 50 grams dark chocolate (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 20 drops stevia extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: almond flour, shredded coconut, cacao powder, powdered Erythritol, ...
- cinnamon, vanilla, cayenne pepper and salt.
- You can use vanilla powder, unsweetened vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean.
- Add melted coconut oil, egg whites and optionally stevia.
- Mix until well combined.
- Use a measuring tablespoon or a small ice-cream scoop to create the macaroons.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat.
- Once completely melted, turn off the heat.
- Set aside to cool down but do not let it solidify.
- When the macaroons are baked, remove from the oven and let them cool down completely before dipping in the chocolate topping.
- Take one macaroon at a time and dip the top in melted chocolate.
- Optionally, sprinkle with more cinnamon and place on a tray to solidify.
- Store at a room temperature and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:12:01.