Keto Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2 eggs ,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ,
- 3/4 cup sweetener (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder ,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda ,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ,
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar ,
- 2 cups almond flour ,
- sea salt (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium-sized bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until well-combined. To the same bowl, add monk fruit sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Mix using hand mixer until fully incorporated. One cup at a time, add almond flour and mix together with hand mixer. Form dough into balls and lightly press down and place on prepared baking sheet (NOTE: cookies will spread when baking so be sure to place them about 2-3 inches apart.) Add desired amount of sea salt to top of each cookie. One baking sheet at a time, bake cookies until toothpick can be poked into center and comes out cleanly, about 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, carefully peel the parchment paper away from the bottom of the cookie. Serve and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:30.