Keto Chocolate & Pecan Cookies and Benefits of Soaking Nuts
- 4 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (free-range or organic)
- 20 drops stevia extract (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (free-range or organic)
- 1 cup coconut flour (free-range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 bar chocolate (free-range or organic)
- 60 pecans (halves
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with melted coconut oil.
- Add Erythritol and stevia and mix in well.
- Erythritol doesn't dissolve unless heated.
- For best results, powder it first.
- Note: To boost the flavour, you can use chocolate or cinnamon flavoured stevia or add a tablespoon of natural sugar-free chocolate extract.
- Add cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Mix in well using a whisk.
- Add the coconut flour and process well.
- Note: Sifting the coconut flour through a strainer will help you avoid hard lumps from getting into the pastry.
- Place the dough into a plastic foil and in the fridge to harden for at least 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Using the foil or two sheets of parchment paper, roll the dough out until it's about 1/4 inch / 1/2 cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to create your shapes.
- I used a 2 inch / 5 cm cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking dish lined with parchment paper leaving little gaps between each cookie.
- Roll the remaining dough and repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- Make sure that the they are completely cool before you add the chocolate topping.
- Note: Coconut flour tends to burn faster than regular wheat four.
- Keep an eye on the cookies to prevent burning! Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- Using a small 1/4 tsp measuring spoon, pour the chocolate on top and press the pecan halve in.
- If you have any chocolate left, just spoon it on top of the pecan halves.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:12.