Keto Chocolate & Pecan Cookies and Benefits of Soaking Nuts
- 4 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (free-range or organic)
- 20 drops stevia extract (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (free-range or organic)
- 1 cup coconut flour (free-range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon ,
- 1 bar chocolate (free-range or organic)
- 60 pecans (halves
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with melted coconut oil. Add Erythritol and stevia and mix in well. Erythritol doesn't dissolve unless heated. For best results, powder it first. Note: To boost the flavour, you can use chocolate or cinnamon flavoured stevia or add a tablespoon of natural sugar-free chocolate extract. Add cinnamon and cocoa powder. Mix in well using a whisk. Add the coconut flour and process well. Note: Sifting the coconut flour through a strainer will help you avoid hard lumps from getting into the pastry. Place the dough into a plastic foil and in the fridge to harden for at least 1 hour. After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. Using the foil or two sheets of parchment paper, roll the dough out until it's about 1/4 inch / 1/2 cm thick. Use a cookie cutter to create your shapes. I used a 2 inch / 5 cm cookie cutter. Place the cookies on a baking dish lined with parchment paper leaving little gaps between each cookie. Roll the remaining dough and repeat until all the dough is used up. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let them cool down. Make sure that the they are completely cool before you add the chocolate topping. Note: Coconut flour tends to burn faster than regular wheat four. Keep an eye on the cookies to prevent burning! Melt the chocolate in a water bath. Using a small 1/4 tsp measuring spoon, pour the chocolate on top and press the pecan halve in. If you have any chocolate left, just spoon it on top of the pecan halves. Transfer to a serving plate when the chocolate is completely solid.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:12.