Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter “Bullwinkles”
- 1 teaspoon gelatin (Great Lakes)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter (Great Lakes)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 chocolate bars (Great Lakes)
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener (Confectioner's)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the mousse:Bloom gelatin in the ¼ cup water for 5 minutes.In a small saucepan warm the coconut cream until liquid.Add the peanut butter, vanilla and Swerve, to the coconut cream and stir in.Place the coconut cream mix into a blender and blend well on high, then reduce speed to lowest and pour in the gelatin from the lid opening, while blending.Turn blender back to high and blend for about 30 seconds.Pour mousse into molds either for eating or for cutting into cubes.You can also use a silicone mold to get fun shapes to coat with chocolate.Refrigerate immediately until set.
- It will take about 3 hours.Chocolate coating:Using a small saucepan in a hot water bath inside a larger sauce pan on the stove, melt the baking chocolate.As the chocolate melts, add the vanilla extract and the Confectioner's Swerve and stir well until completely dissolved.Prepare an ice bath that can fit the small saucepan on the side of the stove.Once all your mousse cubes are ready to be dipped and handy nearby, get the chocolate to the right consistency: not too runny and not too dense, by bringing it to the ice water bath.One at a time dip and coat the peanut mousse cubes, until completely coated, helping yourself with a spoon.Once coated place them on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to cool.Once all coated I would refrigerate them for 10 minutes to set the coating.Store the resulting Chocolate Coated "Bullwinkles" in the refrigerator until ready to eat.They will not melt at room temperature so they can be also kept outside the refrigerator for transport.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:53.