Keto Carrot Cake Cupcakes For One
- 1/2 medium carrot (finely grated)
- 1 cage free eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground flax (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 10 grams chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (finely grated)
- 20 grams butter (finely grated)
- 30 grams cream cheese (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons xylitol sweetener (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Prep the icing first by beating 10g of the softened butter with the cream cheese, powdered xylitol (this has the consistency of icing sugar, but feel free to use whatever sweetener you wish) and lemon juice until it has a whipped frosting texture.
- Store in the fridge for spreading on the cupcakes later.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork before mixing with the remaining ingredients – softened butter, flax, psyllium, spices, baking powder, sweetener, vanilla essence and walnuts.
- The batter will be very liquid – don’t worry! Divide the mix into 4 holes of a mini cupcake silicone tin (using liners if you have any.
- I didn’t.).
- This is not imperative – you can obviously cook the cake in whatever microwave-safe vessel you choose, but cupcakes add novelty value.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them with a knife from their holes onto a plate to cool further.
- When at room temperature (do the dishes and make sure you have licked the frosting bowl completely, obviously), spread with the pre-prepared cream cheese icing and decorate with walnuts.
- Marvel at how they taste just as good as regular carrot cake.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:47:38.