Keto Caramel Nut Chocolate Brownies – Low Carb
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/3 cup sweetener (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (melted)
- 1/4 cup cocoa (melted)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (melted)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup erythritol (melted)
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon flavoring (melted)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (melted)
- To make the brownies: Combine the melted butter, almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, vanilla extract, eggs (and yolk), cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, and sugar free chocolate flavored syrup in a medium bowl.
- Stir lazily by hand until fully combined – don’t beat or whip or you’ll end up with a much cakey-er texture.
- Pour into a parchment or foil lined 8×8 square pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for about 12-13 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles when you gently shake the pan.
- Remove and cool before slicing.
- To make the caramel: Melt the butter and sweetener together in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes or until bubbling.
- Add the half and half, xanthan bourbon, and caramel flavoring.
- Whisking continually, cook for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- It will get darker in color the longer you cook it.
- Remove from heat when your desired color is reached.
- Let it cool slightly to thicken.
- To serve the brownies: Remove the brownies from the pan and peel off the parchment or foil.
- Add the cooled caramel to a small plastic ziplog baggie, then cut about 1/8 inch off of one of the bottom corners of the bag.
- Gently squeeze the caramel over your brownies – you may have some leftover.
- Sprinkle your chopped nuts evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Then cut into 16 brownies (2×2 squares.) Best served at room temperature, but if you are keeping them more than 24 hours, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:59.