Keto Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 5 cups broccoli (480g)
- 4 cloves garlic (480g)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth (480g)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (480g)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onions (Small)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himal (480g)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Cut the broccoli florets off the broccoli stalk as close to the head as possible.
- Leave the stems out.
- Roughly chop the rest making sure not to waste any of the broccoli.
- We are not going to puree the florets as we want to get a chunk of broccoli in every bite of the soup.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter or any other kind of fat that you like to add flavor to the soup.
- Add one roughly chopped small onion, garlic, and broccoli stalks and fry until it starts to get some color or when the onions have caramelized.
- Season with Himalayan 1 tsp pink salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp parsley.
- You could also add some paprika, cayenne pepper or your favorite seasoning.
- After about 5 minutes add vegetable stock.
- Simmer for further 5 minutes then transfer into a blender.
- Blend until thick and set aside.
- Using the same saucepan and add a tablespoon of butter and cook the broccoli florets for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Once the broccoli florets have cooked, pour out the pureed soup that was blended and add 1 ¼ cups or 300ml heavy cream.
- Stir and add one tsp of xantham gum, and 3 cups of your favorite grated cheddar cheese stirring non-stop.
- Let it cook until the cheese has melted and it's all one delicious creamy mixture then serve
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:32.