Keto Bison Meatballs
- 1 pound ground bison (I used Simple Truth)
- 8 slices bacon (I used Simple Truth)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion (I used Simple Truth)
- 1 red bell pepper (I used Simple Truth)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt (I used Simple Truth)
- Set oven to 400F.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil and red onion.
- Saute the onions until they are carmelized.
- Add the onions to a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and mash them up with a fork.
- Form small meatballs with your hands, about 8 ping pong ball-sized meatballs.
- Wrap each meatball in 1 strip of bacon and place it flap-side down on a baking sheet/rack.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400F.
- For the last 2-3 minutes of baking, set the temperature in the oven to broil so the outside gets a little crispy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:41:07.