How to Make Cauliflower Rice for Chicken and (Cauliflower) Rice Dish
- 8 pieces chicken
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower (or 4 cups of frozen riced cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoons Irish butter
- 3 shallots (diced
- 1 cup frozen peas (or 4 cups of frozen riced cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 4 cups of frozen riced cauliflower)
- Trim cauliflower and cut into large pieces.
- Place in a food processor and pulse until the pieces are slightly larger than actual rice.
- Brown chicken on medium to high heat, just enough to brown the skin.
- Saute shallots in butter on top of stove in large cast iron pan or pan that can be put directly into oven.
- (see notes).
- Add to cauliflower/ Stir in Cauliflower rice and frozen peas.
- Add herbs and season with salt, pepper.
- Place chicken on top of rice.
- Place in oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 375 until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- and skin is golden.
- NOTES This is a one pan dish if you have a large cast iron frying pan or shallow enameled cast iron pan.
- However, if you don't, transfer cauliflower rice and chicken onto a shallow baking pan before baking
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:44:17.