Gluten Free & Keto Gingerbread Cereal
- 192 grams almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 80 grams grass-fed butter (at room temperature)
- 96 grams Swerve Sweetener (or Sukrin gold*
- 18 grams blackstrap molasses (at room temperature)
- 28 grams grass-fed butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons xylitol sweetener (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Add almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, and spices to a medium bowl.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sweetener and molasses (optional), and continue to beat until thoroughly mixed and much of the sweetener has dissolved.
- Add in egg, mixing until just incorporated.
- The mixture will appear slightly 'broken' (i.e.
- not thoroughly smooth).
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated.
- Mix in the rest.Wrap cookie dough with cling film (saran wrap) and refrigerate overnight (much preferred).
- But if in a pickle, 3 hours will do.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until nice and thin.
- You can then either cutout gingerbread men shapes.
- Or, using a ruler, cut dough lengthwise and then crosswise into squares.
- Prick each piece with a small fork.
- Transfer parchment paper with the gingerbread cereal to a baking sheet or tray, and place in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until fully golden (depending on size and thickness).
- Keep an eye out for them, and note that if you like them crisp you'll want to push the baking time as much as possible (until deep golden).
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with ginger-cinnamon sugar.Allow to cool for ten minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely, as they'll continue to crunch up (this may take a few hours for the sweetener to harden up again!).
- Note that these keto gingerbread cereal is even better the next day, after the spices have had time to mingle.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:51.