Festive Keto Friendly Tiramisu Cake
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar substitute (Swerve, or other sugar substitute of choice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 7 ounces cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute (Swerve, or other sugar substitute of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup espresso (Swerve, or other sugar substitute of choice)
- 4 tablespoons dark rum (Swerve, or other sugar substitute of choice)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Swerve, or other sugar substitute of choice)
- Cake Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees In a large stand-up mixer bowl beat on high the butter with the sugar substitute until light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Lastly, add all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spread the batter to a large jelly roll pan that has been lined in parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool fully and then slice into 1X3 inch slices to mimic the ladyfingers.
- Custard In a small mixing bowl beat the egg yolks, sugar substitute, until thick and turns lemon colored.
- Place the small bowl with the egg mixture in a double boiler over water that is gently boiling.
- Lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook the egg mixture for 9-10 minutes making sure to mix constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the mascarpone cheese or the cream cheese sour cream mixture to the egg mixture In a medium size bowl beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the whipped cream.
- Set aside.
- Assembly *This makes two 9x5 inch loaf pans of tiramisu Divide the sliced cake in half in order to make the two tiramisu.
- This is about 15 pieces per loaf Combine the espresso and rum and set aside Sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter to bottom of both 9 X5 inch loaf pans Place a layer of the cake into each loaf pan.
- Coat the first layer of cake with the coffee and rum mixture using a pastry brush.
- Spread 1/4 of the custard over the layer of cake Repeat the layers of cake and custard ending with the custard.
- Top with a generous coating of cocoa powder using a strainer/sifter Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:31:09.