Fat Head Pizza with Pepperoni & Jalapeños
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 1 large eggs ,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ,
- 3/4 cup almond flour (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- extra olive oil (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 1/4 cup sugar free marinara sauce (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 3 ounces pepperoni (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- 2 jalapeno chilies (grated, 170 g/ 6 oz)
- fresh basil
- Start by making the pizza crust. Place the grated mozzarella cheese into a bowl and add the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix with a spatula and microwave on high for another 30 seconds. Mix again. Add the egg and combine well. Add salt, almond flour and mix until well combined. Place the dough on a heatproof baking mat and use your hands to flatten ... ... until 1/4 - 1/2 inch (1/2 - 1 cm) thick. Spray some olive oil on your hands to prevent the dough from sticking. Alternatively, you can use a piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough out until thin. Dock the dough with a fork and bake in the oven preheated to 220 °C/ 425 °F for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the marinara sauce on top. Add grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and top with pepperoni slices (2 at a time) and sliced jalapeño peppers. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil. Slice and serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:33.