Corned Beef with Low Carb Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 kilograms beef (pickled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions (large dice)
- 3 cloves garlic (pickled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme
- 1 carrots (large dice)
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 liter beef stock
- 70 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley (pickled)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Corned BeefRinse and dry the pickled beef with paper towel.
- Prepare your ingredients.In your pressure cooker saute the carrot, onion, thyme and garlic in the olive oil for 4 minutes over high heat.Add the peppercorns, red wine vinegar and salt and cook for 2 minutes.Add the beef and pour over the beef stock, you may need to add a little more water or less stock depending on the size of the beef and also the size of the pressure cooker.
- You want the beef to be only just covered.Bring the stock up to a simmer and fix the pressure cookers lid tightly to the base.
- Continue cooking on high heat until your pressure cooker begins to release steam, then drop the heat to low and leave to cook for 2 hours - or 1 hour per 1kg/2.2lbAfter 2 hours turn off the heat and leave for 20 minutes to release the pressure slowly, then carefully open the pressure valve on the lid to release any excess pressure, and take off the lid.Gently remove the corned beef, if you have a large piece I recommend using a set of tongs to grip the meat from the top and a rigid spoon or lifter under the bottom to support the weight.Slice up your corned beef and enjoy.
- We discard the cooking liquid and vegetables as the contents of the pot is very salty, it can be strained and used to flavour soups if you desire.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:59:20.