Coconut Flour Flatbread
- 50 grams coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (or 8g psyllium husk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup water
- garlic powder
- butter (/ghee/oil for frying)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 20180324_113736 Heat water for 30 seconds in the microwave, then add to dry mixture.
- I found using a regular spoon worked best to mix everything together.
- Form into a dough-ball and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 20180324_114610 Divide into 4 pieces.
- Roll or flatten by hand each piece between two pieces of wax/parchment paper.
- Try to get them as flat as you can because they’re going to condense a little when cooking.
- Get a pan hot on medium heat and place your oil in the pan.
- Make sure it’s nice and hot! Place the flattened dough in the pan and let cook until golden brown (or slightly darker), then flip and allow the same to happen.
- That’s it! I swear these cook up in about 15 minutes, and 10 of those are letting the dough rest.
- It’s so easy I thought I had missed something the first time around.
- YAY BREAD.
- cal: 84 net carb: 3.6g fat: 4.1g protein: 2.7g
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:51:56.