Bell Pepper Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bell pepper (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (shredded)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 3/4 cup Marble (shredded)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (shredded)
- PureeClean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbsp of cream and 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture.
- Microwave for another 6-8 minutes on high (or until cauliflower is tender).
- Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the cheese, peppers, and garlic powder.
- Puree until smooth (or you can leave it chunky if you prefer.
- Season generously with salt and pepper to taste.Cheese layer:Put the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and nuke for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add the shredded cheese and salsa verde, mixing thoroughly.
- It should be very spreadable - if not, nuke for a few more seconds.Assemble the casserole:In a medium-sized oven proof dish (approximately 8 x 8), spread out a thick layer of cauliflower puree.
- Spread the warm cream cheese mixture on top of the puree.
- Top with a layer of shredded Colby jack cheese, and diced peppers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- You can finish it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown further if you'd like.
- Alternatively, microwave on high for about 6 - 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
- Serve hot.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:11.