Thin and Crispy Keto Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (shredded)
- 1 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- parmesan cheese
- coconut flour
- Instructions Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, and parmesan.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, combine mozzarella, cheddar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper.
- Microwave for 75-90 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
- Add egg and dry ingredients to the cheese mixture, combining until a cohesive "dough" is formed.
- Divide dough into desired number of portions (two works well).
- Dust a clean surface with parmesan and/or coconut flour (I recommend a 3:1 mix of the two).
- Using a rolling pin or clean glass, roll each portion of dough into a circle.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two.
- For a crispier crust, raise oven temperate to 450F at this point.
- Top crust as desired, and bake again until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for a minute or two before slicing and eating.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:17.