Taco Turnip Fries
- 2 pounds turnips (organic, 900 g)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (organic, 900 g)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (organic, 900 g)
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil (organic, 900 g)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (organic, 900 g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin (organic, 900 g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder (organic, 900 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (organic, 900 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (organic, 900 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Wash the turnips and pat dry. Peel the turnips. Discard the peels. Cut the peeled turnips... ...into 0.5-inch (1.3 cm) thick sticks. Place the turnip sticks in a resealable plastic bag (Ziploc bag). Add the taco seasoning, salt and the olive oil. Close the bag tightly... ... and toss around until everything is properly mixed. Place the turnip sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer so that the sticks are hardly touching each other. Bake until golden brown; not too raw but on the other hand not overbaked. This takes approximately 25 minutes. Serve immediately with a creamy dip or sugar-free ketchup.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:21.