Taco Turnip Fries
- 2 pounds turnips (organic, 900 g)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (organic, 900 g)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (organic, 900 g)
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil (organic, 900 g)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (organic, 900 g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin (organic, 900 g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder (organic, 900 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (organic, 900 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (organic, 900 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Wash the turnips and pat dry.
- Peel the turnips.
- Discard the peels.
- Cut the peeled turnips...
- ...into 0.5-inch (1.3 cm) thick sticks.
- Place the turnip sticks in a resealable plastic bag (Ziploc bag).
- Add the taco seasoning, salt and the olive oil.
- Close the bag tightly...
- and toss around until everything is properly mixed.
- Place the turnip sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer so that the sticks are hardly touching each other.
- Bake until golden brown; not too raw but on the other hand not overbaked.
- This takes approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a creamy dip or sugar-free ketchup.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:21.