Spicy Keto Salmon Burgers with Lemony Kale
- 1 medium zucchini (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 420 grams salmon (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1 chili peppers (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spring onions (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 150 grams kale (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1 dash apple cider vinegar (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- Remove the skin from the salmon and chop fine.
- Remove the stalk and seeds from the chilli and dice.
- Grate the zucchini.
- Place in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the water.
- Place all the salmon burger ingredients in a food processor and blitz until combined.
- If too wet add a touch more coconut flour and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- The mix should be firm enough to roll into patties (4 large or 8 small) but not too dry.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Adjust the heat to ensure they dont burn, flipping twice.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in cup.
- Massage the dressing into the kale and allow to rest for 3 - 5 minutes to wilt slightly and let the flavours infuse.
- Top with flaked almonds.
- Serve the salmon burgers with fresh sauerkraut and lemony kale.
- Option to serve with tzatziki or smashed avocado.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:53.