Low Carb Pumpkin Pie with Hazelnut Crust
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (or substitute 1-1/4 cups hazelnut meal and 1-1/4 cups almond flour)
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or substitute 1-1/4 cups hazelnut meal and 1-1/4 cups almond flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 ounces pumpkin purée (or substitute 1-1/4 cups hazelnut meal and 1-1/4 cups almond flour)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or sweetener equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cream (or substitute 1-1/4 cups hazelnut meal and 1-1/4 cups almond flour)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place all crust ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter and egg into flour, cinnamon and sweetener with a pastry/dough cutter until mixture resembles small pebbles and the flour is thoroughly moistened.
- Press crust mixture into a 9 or 10" pie dish or 2 smaller 6" pie dishes or tart pans.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and set aside.Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all filling ingredients well until smooth and well blended.
- Pour filling into pie dish or pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes; reduce heat one more time to 325 degrees and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool approximately 2 hours; serve at room temperature after 2 hours or refrigerate.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:47.