Low Carb & Keto Homemade Eggnog 🥚
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or xylitol
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or xylitol, we use 1/2 cup*)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark rum (or xylitol, we use 1/2 cup*)
- Add egg yolks and Swerve to a large bowl, and using a whisk or an electric mixer (easier), beat them until light, fluffy, and all the sweetener is completely dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Add almond milk, heavy cream, cinnamon and nutmeg to a medium saucepan and bring just to a boil, stirring every so often.
- Remove from heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Tempering means adding the hot milks little by little to your egg mixture while whisking constantly, so your eggs don't curdle.
- Return everything to the saucepan, and cook over medium/low heat for roughly 8-10 minutes, or until your mixture reaches 160°F/70°C.
- Remove from the heat and sieve onto a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in vanilla and liquor of choice, to taste.
- Cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill.Your eggnog will continue to thicken while chilling.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:13:50.