- 150 milliliters water
- 80 grams unsalted butter
- 30 grams whey powder (vanilla)
- 100 grams almond flour
- 2 small eggs (vanilla)
- 200 milliliters whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 10 milliliters sweetener (vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams butter
- 200 ml whipping cream 3 yolks 1/2 tsp xanthan 10 ml low carb sweetener 1 tsp vanilla extract 80-100 grams butter Just like in the classic eclairs recipe, you bring water to a boil, then add the butter.
- After it melts, pour the almond flour and protein powder and mix with a silicone spatula over low heat until it forms a soft, yet compact dough, which will fall from the walls of the pot.
- Chill the dough mixing it with the mixer on low speed.
- Once it cools, add the eggs gradually.
- My eggs were a little too big and had to add a tablespoon of coconut flour.
- Pour the batter into a bag and form 3-4 cm long eclairs on a tray lined with baking paper, 2-3 cm distance between them.
- Bake on low heat about 20 minutes, then turn off heat and leave in the oven under supervision, to ensure that they are dry inside.
- Oh, the vanilla cream … I swear, it does not happen often, if it were to taste this cream ready-made, I would have thought that someone is trying to trick me.
- Of course, the natural ingredients helped a lot.
- Thus, I put the heavy cream in a small pot, and I brought it at a boiling point.
- Separately, I mixed the egg yolks with xanthan (for thickening the cream), sweetener and the vanilla extract.
- I took the cream from the heat, I poured some of it into the yolks, homogenized and then poured over the cream in the pot.
- I mixed it over low heat until it became creamy and shinny.
- In theory, you have to refrigerate this cream for 2-3 hours, but ain’t nobody got time for that.
- I cut the long eclairs and filled them with the vanilla cream.
- You can decorate with fresh cream or melted chocolate.
- I kept a scoop of vanilla cream and put it on fire again with 2 squares of dark chocolate for decorating the eclairs..
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:52:30.