Low Carb Chicken Parmesan (6 net carbs)
- 2 chicken breasts (6-8 oz each)
- 1 cup crumbs (6-8 oz each)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large eggs
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (6-8 oz each)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 small yellow onion (6-8 oz each)
- 4 cloves garlic (6-8 oz each)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap or place in a large gallon Ziplock bag.
- Pound the chicken in to a 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Season with salt, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- To make Pork Rind crumbs, place 3.5 ounces of pork rinds w/ 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese in to a food processor.
- Blend into a flour like consistency.
- In a large Ziplock bag put in cracked egg with 1 tablespoon of water and mix together.
- In a separate large Ziplock bag, place the Pork rind crumb mixture.
- Put the chicken breasts in the bag with the egg and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Then place chicken breasts in the bag with the pork rind crumbs and mix until the breasts are fully coated.
- In a small saucepan, add tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and basil and allow to simmer until the chicken is finished.
- (You will only need 1/2 the sauce for this recipe, so save the other half for fathead pizza sauce or to serve over some zucchini noodles) Skillet method: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then the chicken.
- Saute the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side until it is golden brown and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
- Air Fryer method: Place chicken breasts side by side in air fryer basket.
- Turn on air fryer and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
- After the chicken has finished turn your oven broiler on high.
- Top the chicken with 1/4 of the sauce and sliced fresh mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Serve with roasted vegetables or zucchini noodles with the remaining sauce
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:12.