Low Carb Cheese Crackers Recipe (Keto Friendly)
- 2 cups cheese (your choice, I used a Parmesan-Romano mix along with some swiss and cheddar)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (your choice, I used a Parmesan-Romano mix along with some swiss and cheddar)
- Mix all the cheeses (including the cream cheese) along with the almond flour in a microwave safe bowl and cook it for exactly one minute.
- (UPDATE: There some people that prefer not to use a microwave and I certainly understand that.
- You can heat these ingredients up on the stove top too.
- You are going to heat them up just enough for the cheese to my melted enough for you to roll out the dough.
- I would continue stirring it while heating it up on the stove top.) Immediately stir the ingredients until the almond flour and cheeses have combined fully.
- You want the cheese to be partially melted (see photo) Allow this to cool for a few minutes because if you put the egg in these ingredients too soon it will cook the egg.
- Now add the egg, sea salt, and seasoning of your choice.
- I decided to cut up some fresh rosemary I had on hand.
- You want to add about a teaspoon of your favorite seasoning unless it’s a spicy mix.
- I would add only about a 1/2 teaspoon for spicy seasonings.
- Mix it together until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- If you cheese has gotten too hard or it’s too hard to mix, you can microwave your cheese for another 20 seconds to get it soft again.
- Now you will place the ball of dough on a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Then place another sheet of parchment paper of equal size on top of the ball of dough.
- You can use your hands or a rolling pin to spread the dough out into a thin layer.
- It spread so easily that I used my hands to have more control and keep the dough inside the square piece of parchment paper.
- Make sure the parchment paper is the same size as your baking sheet.
- Next, use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers into small squares as seen in the photos.
- Bake these crackers on each side at 450 degrees for about 5 or 6 minutes on each side.
- If the crackers are thin, you will cook them about 5 minutes on each side but if the dough is thick, it may take 7 to 9 minutes to get the crispy cracker texture you are looking for.
- When you keep the dough on the parchment paper it’s really easy to flip it over while it’s hot after cooking it on the first side.
- I ended up using the pizza cutter again to define the lines on the flip side too.
- Feel free to leave the crackers in the oven longer (but watch them closely) if you love a very crispy texture.
- The crispier the better for me! Allow the crackers to cool for about 5 minutes and they are ready to eat!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:39.