Low Carb Boston Cream Cheesecake
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (softened)
- 3 blocks cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or other sugar replacement)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (softened)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cake LayerPreheat oven to 350°Grease a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, set aside.Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.Add flour mixture and milk in alternating amounts, starting and ending with flour.
- Stir until just blended.Pour in springform pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.Cheesecake LayerLower oven temperature to 325*In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together on medium-high speed until smooth.Separately whisk eggs with a fork in a small bowl, add beaten eggs to cream cheese mixture on low until just combined.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour mixture over cake in the springform pan, spreading to cover.Bake for 45-50 minutes until the outside edges appear set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.Loosen the edges of cake from the pan by running a butter knife around the cake.Allow cake to cool completely.
- Cover cake and chill for at least 4 hours (I chilled mine overnight)Chocolate layerWhen cheesecake is chilled heat heavy cream in a small saucepan until it almost comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Stir in butter until smooth.Chill for 15 minutes and then spread over top of cake.Chill until ready to serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:52.