CREAMY CAULIFLOWER & CHORIZO SOUP
- 1 cauliflower (large
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion (large, 1 kg/2.2 lb)
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 salt (And Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste)
- 4 cups chicken stock (large, 1 kg/2.2 lb)
- 1 spanish chorizo (large, 1 kg/2.2 lb)
- 1 leaf fresh rosemary (large, 1 kg/2.2 lb)
- 1 1/2 cups crème fraîche
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into small florets.
- Peel and slice the garlic and onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons (30 g/1.1 oz) of the ghee in a large pot and then sautée the onion and garlic over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the cauliflower florets, salt, black pepper, and the chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely slice or dice the chorizo and chop the rosemary.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a separate pan and add the chorizo and rosemary.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the chorizo is crispy and set aside.
- When the cauliflower is tender, remove the soup from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender to make the soup smooth and creamy or pour into a food processor and pulse.
- Garnish each with the crisp chorizo and rosemary and drizzle in some of the chorizo juice
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:51:47.