Lemon & Thyme Keto Roasted Chicken 🍗
- 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 onions (medium
- 20 thyme (springs)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic (5 to 6 pounds)
- 4 shallots (medium
- 2 bunches radishes (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olives (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced crosswise)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Rinse the chicken inside out and pat dry.
- If need be, remove any leftover pin feathers.
- Liberally season with salt and freshly ground black pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity with the quartered onion, part of the thyme, and some garlic.
- Tie the legs together with a kitchen string.
- Pour olive oil onto roasting tray.
- Spread around the bottom of the pan remaining garlic, shallots, radishes and olives.
- Place prepared chicken on top and add lemon slices and remaining thyme springs.
- Mix together thoroughly white wine and molasses (if using).
- Pour over the chicken and veggies.
- Season the chicken on the outside liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear between the leg and thigh.
- After the nice and long roasting time, they take on a killer flavor and caramelize to perfection; becoming completely edible.
- But if they're not your thing, simply remove after roasting.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:56.