Paleo Mississippi Roast with Lotus Root
- 700 grams chuck roast
- 120 grams lotus root (optional - skip for keto version)
- 1 red pepper
- 140 grams mushrooms
- 200 grams green beans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional - skip for keto version)
- 5 chili peppers (optional - skip for keto version)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (optional - skip for keto version)
- Combine the ranch dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Peel the lotus root and slice into 5mm slices.
- Slice the red pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Cut the stems off the green beans.
- In a slow cooker or crock pot, add the beef roast to the bottom.
- Cover with all of the veggies (except the green beans) and pour the ranch dressing all over.
- Add the butter over the sauce.
- Cover with the chili peppers.
- Cook on low heat for 7 hours, take out the lid and shred the beef.
- Mix everything together.
- Add the green beans and cook for an additional hour.
- It's ready to serve as it, or over a salad, tortilla or burger bun! Recipe Notes Will last about 5 days in the fridge.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:29:32.