Keto Salmon, Kale & Poached Egg Bowl
- 3 1/2 cups curly kale (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 pinch sea salt (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 2 salmon fillets (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 1 garlic cloves (175 g/ 6.2 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 avocado (sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted).
- Mix the coconut aminos, olive and sesame oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Blitz or finely chop the kale.
- Massage the dressing into the kale and allow to stand whilst you make the salmon and eggs.
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the salmon fillets, skin side up on a medium heat for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook for a further 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the chopped garlic for the remaining 30 seconds 1 minute until crisp.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 6 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place a pan on water with a pinch of salt on the hob and bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs separately into a cup.
- Swirl the water in a circular direction and gently pour in the eggs one at a time.
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes on a medium heat for a medium poach (firm white, runny yolk) or to your liking.
- Remove from the water and drain on kitchen roll.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and pull into flakes.
- Place the kale in a bowl, top with salmon and garlic, almonds, sliced avocado and perfect poached egg.
- Eat immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:25:31.