Keto Neapolitan Ice-Cream
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (separated)
- 1/3 cup erythritol (separated)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream (separated)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (separated)
- 2 cups strawberries (separated)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (separated)
- Start by preparing the vanilla base.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Start whisking the egg whites and add the cream of tartar.
- As the egg whites thicken, slowly add the powdered Erythritol.
- Whisk until they create stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream...
- If using whipped coconut milk instead of cream, here is a great tutorial that explains how to do it.
- until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Be careful not to over whisk the cream.
- In a third bowl, mix the egg yolks...
- with the vanilla extract or vanilla powder.
- I used a combination of vanilla extract and vanilla bean powder.
- Slowly fold the whisked egg whites into the whipped cream.
- Then add the egg yolk mixture and gently fold in using a spatula until well combined.
- Divide the vanilla base into 3 parts.
- Place two parts into smaller bowls (one for the strawberry layer and one for the chocolate layer).
- Prepare the strawberry layer.
- Wash the strawberries and cut the green ends off.
- Place them in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the blended strawberries in one of the bowls with the vanilla base and gently fold in using a spatula.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate layer.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the second bowl with the vanilla base and gently fold in using a spatula.
- To assemble the layers: Place the chocolate layer in a loaf pan or a freezer-friendly container and spread gently using a spatula.
- Top with the vanilla layer, and finally add the strawberry layer.
- I started with the thickest layer (chocolate) and used the most liquid layer on top (strawberry).
- Do not swap the order or the layers will not set well.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours or until set.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve or place back in the freezer and store for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:55.