Keto Loaded Cauliflower Cheese
- 125 milliliters double cream (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 100 grams cheddar cheese (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 30 grams full fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 320 grams cauliflower florets (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 6 streaky bacon (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cook bacon in a frying pan with spray oil until crispy and set aside
- Cook cauliflower according to packet instructions until just under done (I microwave mine in a ceramic dish with a lid and a little water and keep prodding it until I'm happy - or have no fingertips left).
- Meanwhile, heat the cream in a small pan over a medium low heat
- While it is heating up, add the pepper, cream cheese and mustard, stirring until incorporated
- Once heated through, add 70g of the cheddar cheese and mix until combined
- Drain cauliflower and return to ceramic dish
- Pour over cheese sauce ensuring all the cauliflower is evenly coated
- Pile into oven safe dish and crumble bacon over the top.
- Add remaining cheddar cheese to the top
- Put in a preheated oven at fan 180c and cook for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling and the top is starting to turn golden.
- Note: With this amount of bacon and cheese, it is worth leaving salt down to the individual to add once served.
- Oh hell, it could even be a wicked tasty midnight snack attack.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:10.