Keto Loaded Cauliflower Cheese
- 125 milliliters double cream (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 100 grams cheddar cheese (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 30 grams full fat cream cheese ,
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard ,
- 320 grams cauliflower florets (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 6 streaky bacon (heavy cream, equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cook bacon in a frying pan with spray oil until crispy and set aside Cook cauliflower according to packet instructions until just under done (I microwave mine in a ceramic dish with a lid and a little water and keep prodding it until I'm happy - or have no fingertips left). Meanwhile, heat the cream in a small pan over a medium low heat While it is heating up, add the pepper, cream cheese and mustard, stirring until incorporated Once heated through, add 70g of the cheddar cheese and mix until combined Drain cauliflower and return to ceramic dish Pour over cheese sauce ensuring all the cauliflower is evenly coated Pile into oven safe dish and crumble bacon over the top. Add remaining cheddar cheese to the top Put in a preheated oven at fan 180c and cook for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling and the top is starting to turn golden. Note: With this amount of bacon and cheese, it is worth leaving salt down to the individual to add once served. Macros and Recipe Notes Macros per serving: 6.7g carbs / 65.5g fat / 34.3g protein = 4% / 78% / 18% Remember - this serving is for two large servings (I like it for lunch), but can be adjusted based on serving size to be lunch, dinner or a side dish. Oh hell, it could even be a wicked tasty midnight snack attack.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:10.