Keto Eggnog Ice-Cream
- 2 cups coconut milk (480 ml / 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D coconut milk)
- 1 cup cream (480 ml / 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (480 ml / 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D coconut milk)
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla beans
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 drops stevia extract (480 ml / 16 fl oz - I like Aroy-D coconut milk)
- Pour the coconut milk and cream (if used) in a large sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of coconut milk for later.
- Add the Erythritol and stevia and stir well.
- If using vanilla bean, cut the vanilla bean lenghtwise and scrape the seeds out.
- Add the seeds to the cream.
- Apart from the seeds, also add the vanilla bean, cinnamon, ...
- nutmeg, salt and stevia (if used).
- Mix until well combined and cook until foam forms on top.
- Then, lower the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the egg yolks with the remaining coconut milk.
- Remove the vanilla bean and discard.
- Slowly pour about a cup of the hot mixture into the cold egg yolk mixture while whisking.
- Then, slowly pour the egg mixture back in the sauce pan and keep mixing.
- Cook while stirring until the the mixture starts to thicken and the cream mixture lightly covers the spatula.
- It shouldn't get as thick as custard - just creamier.
- Then, take off the heat and set aside.
- Mix the gelatine with the water and pour it into the cream mixture.
- Set the sauce pan over an ice bath (a bowl filled with iced water) and let it cool down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rum (or rum extract) and mix in well.
- Let it chill to room temperature.
- Once it cools down, pour into the ice-cream maker (I use a Cuisinart) and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- It may take anything between 30-60 minutes depending on your ice-cream maker.
- When done, scoop in a freezer-friendly container and place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:46.